Thursday 13 May 2010

The Brixton Saga Continues…




I'm finally tying up the loose ends on the Brixton Bikes project. Above you can see my incredibly technical and difficult-to-work out setup for the shot of Stockwell legend Billy. See if you can work out what I did there… Although the final shot was a little tweaked as I used an ND filter so I could shoot at f2.8 in the evening sunshine for a little DOF on the council estate in the background. Why shoot him in the skatepark? Because the shop is right next to it and sells stuff to cater for any skater or BMXer who may find themselves in difficulty.

Also, wish me well as it's my 30th birthday. Piss up planned for the weekend, existential crisis next week, and putting on three stone for the week after.

Stay tuned for some as-yet unseen portraits of 2001 Paris-Roubaix winner Servais Knaven. Without a doubt, the nicest professional cyclist I've ever met.

No comments:

Post a Comment